Accreditation means that a person, a body or an institution has been certified as “having the capacity to fulfill a particular function in the quality assurance system set up by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA).
A training provider must successfully complete the SETA accreditation process. This is a rigorous application process prescribed by a relevant SETA. The SETA determines whether a training provider has the necessary capacity and ability to provide quality training in line with National Qualifications Framework (NQF) standards.
What is the purpose of SETA Accreditation?
The purpose of SETA accreditation is to make sure that education and training is of a high standard and quality and that it is relevant to the needs of the industry sector in question. Attaining SETA accreditation means that the training provider’s courses comply with the NQF standards. The courses offered have been evaluated to ensure that they are in line with these standards. SETA accreditation objectives are to ensure that there is consistency and standardization of similar courses offered by different training providers. The training courses offered by accredited training providers are relevant to industry needs and will equip students with the skills needed in the workplace.
The general requirements for SETA accreditation are the following:
- The training provider must be properly registered in terms of applicable legislation.
- The training provider must have a Quality Management System (QMS) in place. In its application guidelines, the QMS is described as “the combination of processes used to ensure that the degree of excellence specified is achieved.” A QMS consists of the policies and procedures that determine how the training provider ensures the quality of its training.
- The training material must be aligned with either a Qualification/s or the unit standards on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF).
- The training provider must have assessors and moderators that are properly registered to do assessment and moderation of the Qualification or unit standards that are to be accredited.
- The different SETAs may have their own accreditation requirements in addition to the general requirements listed above.
The SETA accreditation requirements set a high standard with which training providers must comply. This is to ensure that a high standard of education and training will be maintained nationally, and that students are equipped with relevant skills. In order to comply with the accreditation requirements, a training provider has to be well-organised and must have all the necessary documentation, policies and procedures in place. This means that great value is attached to having SETA accreditation, and SETA accredited training is therefore in high demand.
You can use an alternative method, self-service. Purchase the process and quality management documents and complete the process yourself.
Add to Cart
[purchase_link id=”1728″ style=”button” color=”blue” text=”Quality Management System”]