When you create a chart in Excel, the chart can be either embedded as an object within a worksheet, or you can change the chart as its own worksheet. How you view the chart depends on the situation and circumstances. These are user choices, whichever is best you can change the chart type at any time.
If the chart is an object on the worksheet, do the following:
- Click on the Chart which shows the 8 selection handles and to activate the Chart contextual tabs.
- Click on the Chart Design tab, click Change Chart Type.
- The Change Chart Type dialogue box opens.
- Select the chart type from the list.
- Select the chart sub-type from the examples displayed.
After a chart has been created it can be changed at any time.
If the chart location is its own worksheet the process is the same as an object on a worksheet