Microsoft Word is the most popular word processing application. Its very robust and has so many more features with each new version. Its easy to use and allows you to create many different types of documents.
In today’s digital age as a working professional, a diligent student or an active retiree, proficiency in Microsoft Word is a vital and necessary skill. Microsoft Word is used for basic day to day purposes to the more complex business requirements. It has flexibility and also meets the many digital document needs
Interactive Status bar
The status bar controls information about the document you’re working on. The Word status bar, tells you the page you’re on, how many pages are in your document; and also presents the view buttons and Zoom controls.
Change the way you view your document using the buttons at the bottom right of the application window.
Here briefly is what each view does:
- Full Screen Reading not writing, or major editing, leaves more room for the pages themselves. Read Mode automatically fits the page layout to your device, using columns and larger font size, both of which can be adjusted. The contents are arranged to improve readability.
- Print Layout is essential and gives and overview of what the document will look like.
- Web Layout is designed to easily see how your document/s will look if used in an online environment as though in a web browser. Its provided for use if you intend to publish Word documents online.
- Zoom Slider – You can zoom in to get a close-up view of your document or zoom out to see more of the page at a reduced size. Save time by quickly You can also save time by sliding to the percentage zoom setting that you want. Click – or + to zoom in gradual increments.
- Smart Art – A Smart-Art graphic is a visual representation of your information that you can quickly and easily create. There are many different layouts to choose from to effectively communicate your message or ideas.
- Watermarks- Watermarks are text or pictures that are displayed in the background of a document, generally on every page. Watermarks can be used for identification or branding. Identification for security or legal purposes, or simply as a design or decorative element. Branding by inserting a company logo
- Headers/Footers – Headers and footers are areas in the top, bottom, and side margins of each page in a document. They can be customized or you can choose to use a built-in style from the gallery. Add a company name/logo or page numbers to your headers or footers.
- Find and Replace – Locate specific content in your document. Search for and replace items such as text, images, captions, bookmarks, or certain types of formatting such as paragraphs or page breaks.
- Customize the Status Bar -You can customize what is displayed in the status bar by adding or removing information from it. Right click the status bar to show the customize status bar menu.
- Items that have check marks next to them display on the Status Bar. For instance if the Caps Lock has a check mark, this setting will only be displayed on the status bar if you press the Caps lock on your keyboard or if you have forgotten to turn the Caps lock off.
- Spelling and Grammar – If the Spelling and Grammar Icon is displayed on the Status Bar, click on it to open the Proofing task pane.